- Review the epidemiology and risk factors for developing healthcare-associated colonization and infection
- Review the evidence supporting commonly utilized infection prevention and control strategies for healthcare-associated infections and antibiotic stewardship programs
- Effectively respond to questions about exposure to communicable diseases and appropriate prevention and control strategies for healthcare associated infections
- Understand the impact that healthcare-associated infections and antimicrobial resistance play in patient safety
- List strategies that are effective in mitigating healthcare-associated infections and antimicrobial resistance
- Discuss and review the career opportunities in healthcare epidemiology and antibiotic stewardship
Physicians and other healthcare providers, including Infectious Diseases, Pulmonary, and Critical Care fellows, residents, and other practitioners interested in healthcare-associated infections and antimicrobial resistance. Sponsors may also find attending the course beneficial, ensuring interaction with the rising cadre of practitioners in infectious diseases.